Recognizing and sharing the achievements of leaders who go above and beyond for their teams and businesses is extremely important. Leadership is not easy and even tougher in times of trial and tribulation as we have experienced in the industry over the last year. This is the fun part of the job; to celebrate and recognize these special folks that define Emerge!
We’re proud to announce our quarterly recognition of excellent Leadership and Performance! Remember, this praise is reserved for the best of the best leadership demonstrated, but there are still many great leaders that deserve our recognition. Thank you all very much for your hard work!
Q1 2021 Elite Operator - Maria Devilla
It is our honor and pleasure to recognize our Q1 Elite Operator, Maria Devilla. Maria plays a vital role in her team; she has spent countless hours assisting our store openings and getting teams ready for the "oh-so-fun" Core Audit. Maria builds excellent relationships with all leaders and dedicates herself to helping others succeed. Here are some of her accolades:
1. Maria has supported Tom, Isabel and James without hesitation in the last four openings.
2. Maria has assumed great responsibility, working tirelessly as we stabilized operations.
3. Maria never says no to help. She’s there to encourage, teach, work side by side with others and be a listening ear.
4. Maria is a Taco Bell and KFC ‘dictionary’ who knows and studies the standards inside out to share with the teams.
5. Maria ensures that she certifies prepared people. She always pushes team members to do better in training.
6. Maria works hard to encourage autonomy and initiative in her staff so everything’s done with minimal direction and follow-up.
7. Maria works hard with operations to ensure standards are held high!
Without Maria's help, many of us would have felt a tremendous weight and pressure with the recent challenging openings and audits. She puts so much heart into her job and truly represents the values of Emerge! Thank you, Maria!
Q1 2021 Elite Operator - Albertha Frederick
It is our honor and pleasure to recognize our Q1 Elite Operator, Albertha Frederick. Albertha has put heart and soul into her restaurant team and unit from day one. She has very high standards and turnover at her unit is the lowest in Emerge! While her coaching style can be demanding, she treats her team affectionately by celebrating every special event and never missing a birthday! Some notes from her supervisor James:
1. Albertha has the lowest overall turnover because she is a firm leader but gives recognition to her team when they perform well.
2. Albertha leads with determination and perseverance. She knows what it takes to run her Unit.
3. Albertha makes sure her Food COS, Labor, Ops Score Card and Speed are held to the highest standard of excellence.
4. Albertha ensures every new hire understands and implements KFC standards and procedures. She recently completed training as an Area Coach who gave her a 5-star review!
5. Albertha doesn't require much supervision. She passes all Audits and expects her team to perform to the max when she takes a day off.
6. Albertha is reliable and dedicated to our company. James has often reached out to her to assist with other Units. She’s his go-to trainer!
Albertha, thank you for making federal KFC successful and making such a positive influence on your team! You make KFC great!
Q1 2021 Elite Operator - Martha Schlesinger
It is our honor and pleasure to recognize our Q1 Elite Operator, Martha Schlesinger. Martha has done an incredible job since she became the GM. Once a 17-19k per week unit, her store now generates $30,000 per week! Her relentless commitment to her team, Unit and customers, drives the success of this incredible turnaround. Here are some notes from her supervisor Marco:
1. Martha is very supportive of all Sonic Teams. If a Unit is understaffed, she will send her team over to assist.
2. Martha continues to grow sales, and in the four years of opening, she has never lost momentum.
3. Martha is consistent with KPIs. She holds the top spot on the Balanced Scorecard and has never missed a Bonus!
4. Whatever she needs to do for her store, she does it! If someone calls in sick, she is always there to save the day. Sometimes she works the AM shift and goes home to take a break to come back and work the PM shift.
5. Martha had to be convinced not to work this Mother's Day! Her dedication to Sonic and her Unit is impressive!
Martha is set to take on a brand new Sonic in Pasadena which will be an exciting and challenging next step for her. Thank you, Martha! Onwards and upwards!
Q1 2021 Emerging Leader Rosie Archiniaco
We’re thrilled to give some much deserved recognition to our Q1 Emerging Leader Rosie Archiniaco, from our Pizza Hut team in Arizona. Rosie has been a positive force in the market where she constantly strives for better results and provides excellent support not only for her team but also for Carlos. Rosie models outstanding leadership in her commitment to supporting her GMs, visiting units during peak hours, and inspiring change in a challenging market. Some additional notes from her supervisor Carlos:
1. Rosie led the Pizza Hut Market in CHAMPS SAT with 7.2% and was #1 on HFR with 88.13% under 30 mins and 0.43% over 45 mins.
2. Rosie has worked tirelessly to secure staff and develop Managers that could take over the Bistro area.
3. Rosie is so dedicated that she volunteered to support our Cottonwood Unit twice and encouraged her Management Team to assist when they could. She even offered to move to Cottonwood to ensure the Unit would continue to grow.
4. Rosie grew her sales by 19.53% and has continued to meet all of her financial objectives.
5. Rosie passes all audits by maintaining a hygienic unit. She ensures cleaning routines are completed meticulously every shift.
Without Rosie's dedication and inspiring attitude, her Units would have a hard time ensuring our standards are met. Thank you, Rosie!
Please take a moment to congratulate these great operators who make a difference everyday and are examples of great leadership and dedication to success. It's these leaders that make Emerge and define our organization! Thank you all!